We're an all-in-one-business, so our work is our own
As a service to our clients throughout Jericho in Chittenden County and as a general service to those with septic systems, Bundy's Sewer & Drain Service provides several important tips for properly maintaining and using your septic system.
• Inspect your tank for signs of sludge buildup and make sure the baffles and tees are
in working order.
• Pump your tank as needed (every 2-3 years for year-round residences, and every 4-5 years for seasonal residences), and keep a written record for yourself or the future owner.
• Compost food garbage or put it in the trash.
• Keep grease can handy. Do not pour grease down your sink.
• Mark your septic system, so you can protect it from vehicles and encroaching trees and shrubs.
• Conserve water; install water-saving devices, such as low-flow faucet and shower heads.
• Use non-toxic cleaning products, such as baking soda to scrub toilets or boiling water to help clean clogged drains.
• Contact a site evaluator if your septic system shows signs of failure; contact your local septic or plumbing inspector if you see evidence of other malfunctioning septic systems.
• Plant shrubs, trees, and grasses downhill from your system to act as a sponge (it will tie up excess nutrients and water as well as prevent soil erosion).
Get FREE estimates on new septic tank installations and repairs from reliable septic provider!
Call today for affordable septic solutions
• Don’t use a garbage disposal. It adds 50 percent more solids to your system.
• Don’t pour automotive oil, cooking oil, or grease down the drain.
• Don’t drive vehicles over the septic system or leach field.
• Don’t use too much water, especially during rainy, wet seasons when the ground is saturated.
• Don’t pour paint or paint thinner into your sink.
• Don’t use drain cleaners and other toxic chemical products.
• Don’t use chemical or biological septic system cleaners which can plug up leach and
ruin your system.
• Don’t wait! If your septic system shows signs of problems, act immediately.